Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lemons and Lemonade: Life as a Cliche

They say that "when life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade." First off, really, who says these things? Maybe I've been guilty of it a few times, but in all actuality it is rare for someone to make this statement to someone else unless they are trying to be cliche. However, it is time for me to actually say it about myself, and my life. I need to desperately make some lemonade, and hey I'll make it a little nicer and make it pink.

I was thrown a curveball over my visit home. I made the journey so we could get some perspective on things going on in our lives right now, but an unexpected twist was added. I won't talk about it in depth now, but it is kind of game changing - and very scary.

In the meantime, I'm trying to just deal and to keep looking forward instead of being stalled in the present under the weight of these massive lemons that have been dropped upon me. Hey, maybe the Tree of Life is a lemon tree or something. Whatever, I've gone on a random tangent now, so I better stop before it continues indefinitely.

I need a new place to live, and possibly a new job. It all depends on where we end up. I'm looking toward it all as an adventure, and thankfully I think the boy is doing the same. He, like me, is just kind of going with it. The good news is we're not crumbling, but rather are pulling together. I guess I'll put him in charge of stirring, or perhaps the addition of sugar.

To those of you who know what is going on, thank you for all your support. I'm hoping it all works out fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll delete anything bot-like or offensive. Keep it clean, family may read this. Yadda yadda yadda. I do this blog for myself, but feel free to let me know anything you're dying to say! (If you're one of those people that just says things like "this is dumb," or "you suck": You're the one who just found some random persona's blog, read it, hated it, and took the time to tell everyone you hated it. Who sucks now? ^_^)