Tuesday, October 6, 2009

He Loves to Cook for Me, Too!

I. have. the. most. awesome. boyfriend. ever! Period. Or well, exclamation point! Whatever, I'm just trying to draw attention to the awesomeness of this: My boyfriend has stated to me, verbally and matter-of-factly, that if he did not have massive amounts of college debt he would, without hesitation, buy me a pair of Manolo Blahniks.

Exclamation point!

He said “if they made [me] feel good and look good [he] would most definitely get [me] a pair, and it would make [him] happy to do so.” At this point, he did not denounce the rather insane amount of shoes I already own but pointed out his belief that I need high quality (which he said tended to be more expensive) shoes. Granted, the pair in question is from an older collection and thus not as expensive as you'd think (under $300), but that is still a lot for shoes. They are a pair I adore, and while I have never spent over even half that much for a pair of shoes (that is reserved for electronics!) they are certainly one pair I’d almost justify buying at the price.

At any rate, in the magical world of no college debt and cheap utilities (or a lottery win) I would have myself a sexy pair of Manolos. More importantly, the reality is that I have a really great guy, and it really isn’t that he would even buy them. It is that he understands why they are "necessary" and doesn’t think less of me for it. He knows it makes me happy when I wear shoes I think look good and make me look good. It is just a love I inherited (and was encouraged by) my mother. He feels nicer shoes will make me happier only because they'd stop breaking so much and look a lot better than half of them I own do. He even can justify this in the face of the four pairs of loveliness that were bestowed upon me today from shoe sales in Greece and Italy thanks to my amazing parents and their recently-ended sort-of-vacation.

A guy who understands a woman’s shoe collection? It doesn't get any better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll delete anything bot-like or offensive. Keep it clean, family may read this. Yadda yadda yadda. I do this blog for myself, but feel free to let me know anything you're dying to say! (If you're one of those people that just says things like "this is dumb," or "you suck": You're the one who just found some random persona's blog, read it, hated it, and took the time to tell everyone you hated it. Who sucks now? ^_^)