Monday, November 16, 2009

Snuggie-licious!

I do not own a Snuggie. I think the idea of a Snuggie is stupid. It is a blanket with sleeves. It is a backward robe. It is stupid.

Or is it?

Both of us being computer nerds, at some point in the evening we end up on the computer(s). Of course, these days you live your life online so I guess this isn't so weird anymore. Whatever. At any rate, with us being caught up in that whole economic crazy mess that the media keeps reminding us we're in as they also try to sell us some holiday cheer we can't really afford to stay as toasty as we'd like. This tends to make the sitting-at-a-computer-and-barely-moving a pretty chilly task for the evening. We got spoiled when in Boston of all places where we had a passively solar house and a wood stove. I barely needed a blanket draped over me then. But now?

Now we're in a state with high energy prices, and a house that our wood stove is too small for. I end up using that laptop for warmth as much as I do for work, and I covet the puppy as my little heater. If I'm completely under the blanket, only my head sticking out, with her buried underneath like she loves, I stay so toasty warm it is unbelievable. This is the method I use while camping! This is not very compatible to using a laptop, however, as the movement of my arms toward the keyboard just lets in more cold air. With a laptop, you need your arms free, so a better way to wear the blanket is around your back. This causes a lot of heat loss, as the dog ends up in only one side of the blanket and my chest down to my toes are not covered. Sure I can try to adjust, but it never works out just right and I end up still losing heat. Why, if only I could wear it the first way, but with sleeves coming out so I wouldn't lose as much heat.

Yeah, so... it's only 39 outside right now and I'm really wishing I had a Snuggie right now. Although I'll be damned if I ever buy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll delete anything bot-like or offensive. Keep it clean, family may read this. Yadda yadda yadda. I do this blog for myself, but feel free to let me know anything you're dying to say! (If you're one of those people that just says things like "this is dumb," or "you suck": You're the one who just found some random persona's blog, read it, hated it, and took the time to tell everyone you hated it. Who sucks now? ^_^)