Thursday, October 22, 2009

Tim Curry Was an Awesome Wizard

It is almost Halloween, and I am in the least-Halloweenish mood I have been in YEARS! I also have writers block again, which is bad because I had been working on numerous projects and they have now all come to a grinding halt. In fact I had two articles written up last week about a most interesting camping trip, but they have just sat on my desktop stalling and staring at me like a lost kitten. Bwah, when did this all become so hard?

But back to Halloween: This Saturday I am having a party and I don't even know what I'm going to be yet. Usually I have an idea of this by August, although my idea generally changes last minute. Still, it is unsettling. Sure the house looks kinda cool, but meh. The economy is getting me down and now that I'm supposedly older and more mature, I feel bad about buying decorations and costumes I'll only use once a year. I notice I've become a lot more multi-purpose about things as the years have gone by. If I buy something, it has to work for like ten other things or it isn't worth it. Okay, maybe not ten, just at least more than one or two. So now I like to get some September "Welcome to Autumn" time with my decorations as much as I want to keep it through Thanksgiving. That works with most of the pumpkins and the leaves, but what about the seemingly never-ending box of skeletons and strange dummies that keeps popping up? Even with all of that, I feel bad and can't get in the mood.

I also usually try to go all out for my costumes (making a melting face was the coolest thing I ever did, and it is the one costume I do not have any pictures of!! Argh!), but lately I just can't think. I don't know what is wrong with me. I don't want to say it is growing up that has done this to me, because my whole family is pretty Halloween-crazed.

Maybe I need to rewatch some of those old Halloween shows from the 80s . They really don't make good holiday shows anymore like they used to, and even if they were pretty cheesy they were still fun. In fact, I have very fond memories of "The Worst Witch" so much so that when I first found out about Harry Potter and all the hype I was like "Seriously? It is like 'The Worst Witch' in so many ways." Or that movie with Judd Hirsch as Dracula... but the name escapes me now. Ack! Has my brain really tried to drive out all the Halloween stuff from itself? I really hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll delete anything bot-like or offensive. Keep it clean, family may read this. Yadda yadda yadda. I do this blog for myself, but feel free to let me know anything you're dying to say! (If you're one of those people that just says things like "this is dumb," or "you suck": You're the one who just found some random persona's blog, read it, hated it, and took the time to tell everyone you hated it. Who sucks now? ^_^)